One of the greatest pleasures in the garden? Sitting back and doing nothing, perhaps cosily enveloped by an outdoor bean bag, gently dangling in a hanging seat or perfectly perched sipping an evening cocktail.
Here we review what’s on offer in the expansive world of outdoor furniture…. Pictures 1-8 from top left to bottom right.
2. Koziol briq contemporary garden stool: useful for garden gatherings these stools can be stored easily as they are stackable, look great and offer that all important extra seating when numbers are more than expected. The stools made of 100% recycled plastic and available in eight colours can also be turned upside down and used as storage or as occasional table.
3. 111 Navy Chair: this dining chair is unique. Swedish designer Emeco and Coca-Cola collaborated to produce this chair that uses recycled plastic Coke bottles making it truly sustainable. The chair has the look of aluminium but is in fact of course sturdy plastic. Coca-Cola red pictured is one of six colour options. The chairs would make a striking contrast to a solid wooden table.
4. Bean bag by Fatboy: these oversized bean bags are a bit of fun. The bag pictured has a stonewash effect fabric that is 100% cotton and machine washable. With both natural and vibrant colours to choose from it has the flexibility to work in most spaces. Measuring 180x140cm the bag will virtually give you a hug. A great piece for lazy days lolling in the sun.
5.Blooma Vintage rattan Chair: For something with a more classic look comes this rattan effect armchair with timber legs and a polyester cushion. The chair is available as part of an affordable set including 2 chairs and a wooden coffee table.
6. Egg by Nanna Ditzel: The whicker hanging seat will add a spot of romance to your outdoor space. In my opinion the perfect place to spend the afternoon curled up with a good book. The seat has a foam cushion with removable washable cover and the seat is a available with stand.
8. Designed by Frédéric Sofia for Fermob these outdoor rocking chairs are available in staggering 24 vibrant shades. The anti-UV coating should prevent the all important colour from fading. The Luxembourg range also includes tables, armchairs and footrests.